Fresh from the kitchens of Saint Germain Catering: Cupcake parties! We love cupcakes, so we’re going to share our love and knowledge of cake decorating through our new cupcake party packages. A Saint Germain cupcake party features all of the needed supplies to decorate cupcakes, as well as professional instruction by one of the company’s talented cupcake chefs. The result? Delicious cupcakes and a lesson in the basics of cake decorating.
This new offering is a great way to provide your children with an enriching experience, and is great as an addition to a birthday party or as a stand-alone event. We are offering several different options, so whatever your goal and budget, we can plan memorable cupcake party for your children. Details about each package, including pricing, are available here.
The basic cupcake party includes six cupcakes for each participant, allowing them an opportunity to practice their cake decorating skills under the supervision of a professional cupcake chef. A pastry box is provided for each participant to take their creations home if they so choose, and all of the standard fixtures of cake decorating, from icing and icing bags, to various toppings, to aprons, are provided by us.
For those celebrating a birthday, we’re also offering a “Deluxe” package that includes a birthday cake and ice cream social. Various add-ons are also available, such as fondant for fancier cupcakes, party decorations, and other food options to make a fully catered event. Slightly older children and teenagers who have competitive streaks can have a fun with our competition package, with judges evaluating the cupcakes made and decorated by two teams, styled after Food Network’s hit show “Cupcake Wars.”
While the cupcake party was originally developed to appeal to children between 5 and 10, teenagers and the young-at-heart are also welcome to join in on the fun. Our competition package even makes a great corporate team-building opportunity. Who makes better cupcakes? Your sales team or your customer support team? There’s only one way to find out, and who doesn’t enjoy a little friendly competition from time to time? Call us today to get started.
High school isn’t easy, especially for girls. But every girl gets her day in the spotlight, and when it happens you want it to be perfect. A Sweet 16 party is a great way to celebrate that important moment in every young woman’s life, but it needs to be fun too! There’s no reason for a Sweet 16 party to be one more overnight like every other. A good theme, a little creativity and the right catering can make it a truly memorable experience. Here are six of our best party ideas.
1. Top 40 Party. Everyone loves music, so why not build that into the theme itself? With the Top 40 Party every guest is invited to dress as her favorite pop star. At the party, the girls can choose songs to make their own mix CD, or set up a karaoke machine to really get the party started. Club lights and non-alcoholic champagne are the perfect finishing touches.
2. Alice in Wonderland. Tea parties are a little lame, but a Mad Hatter tea party is something different. Ask your caterers to base finger food, cookies and muffins on the film and set an oversize table with all manner of strangely mismatched cups. Of course, make sure everyone switches chairs as the tea party goes on!
3. Steampunk Ball. What’s cooler than steam-powered Victorian fantasy? Not much. Guests will have a blast designing their costumes for this, so be sure to make the venue worthy of them when they arrive. Goth it out a little bit with dark décor and use a dry ice smoke machine to put real “steam” in the room. What to serve? Try brightly colored juices in lab beakers or test tubes.
4. Hollywood. Make it a movie star party! Each guest can come dressed as her favorite star, and you can have an actual red carpet leading into the doorway. Decorate the party space with stars and movie posters, and have a projector looping a favorite movie on the wall.
5. Cleopatra. Ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome offer fertile ground for costumes—and food ideas. The girls will have a blast reclining in their togas and getting pampered Cleopatra style. Maybe with a full mani/pedi from a hired manicurist?
6. Retro Party. Choose a decade of the past and theme your entire party around it. What was a Sweet 16 party like in the 1960s? The walls can be decked in flower power and the girls can show up rocking their very best hippie looks. Or fast forward a little to the era of big hair and bangles with a 1980s party. The 80s were also the decade of the most famous teen movies, and you can have them playing in one room while a DJ rocks vintage beats in another.
These are just a few ways to make a Sweet 16 party unique and special. The theme is a good start, but you’ll also need to have the perfect food to bring it all together. Saint Germain Catering specializes in Sweet 16 catering and would love to brainstorm ideas to match your theme, no matter how out there it is! If you’re in the Northern VA or Washington, DC areas, give Saint Germain a call and see what we can do for you.
Saint Germain Catering is a full service catering and event planning Company located in Northern Virginia and services the entire Washington DC Metro area. Our around the clock staff is there to service you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most of our staff have been with us for over 10 years and combined we have hundreds of years of experience behind us. Our office opens daily at 3 am to ensure that our food is prepared on time using the freshest ingredients and that it is out the door on time to you.
We combine personalized service and beautiful ambience with exquisitely prepared meals. We offer a variety of menu ideas and gourmet specialties for your event, from simple to elegant. Our main goal as a full-service catering company is to work with our clients to ensure that their events and catered meals run smoothly. You can count on us to make your event or your day-to-day catering needs a success.
We prepare our dishes from the freshest ingredients and assemble them as close to serving as possible to retain the flavors of each dish. We value your input … your personal taste … we will even make your favorite recipe. We feel the menu should be a reflection of you. We hope to serve you and help make your special celebration a most wonderful and memorable event. Our careful attention to every detail enables you to enjoy being a guest at your own celebration! From Corporate Breakfasts, Coffee Breaks, Luncheons, Holiday Parties and Meetings to Social Events, such as Weddings, Birthdays, and more… let us cater to your every need!
Fun Facts about us:
- Founded in 1998
- Women Owned and Operated
- Focuses on Corporate and Social Events
- Services MD, VA and DC
- Full service options including staffing, linens, china, rentals
- Monthly Catering Specials
If you’ve been to a Wedding lately you may have noticed that instead of a cake, there was a whole table dedicated to several desserts and a variety of candy. Sweets, Treats and Candy displays are expanding trend. A dessert display can be filled with trays of desserts and ornate glass jars full of candy that coordinates with the colors of your event or Wedding. Desserts can include cake pops, cheesecake lollipops, miniature pies, french macaroons, cookies & milk shooters.
The options for making these displays unique to your Wedding are endless. Not everyone loves cake, so why not try a dessert display full of cookies or pies? You can make your display unique by adding custom candy tags, a table linen that matches your wedding colors, or include your favorite childhood candy such as Smarties, Lemonheads and Snowcaps. A dessert display can also double as a favor for your guests to take home. Provide candy scoops and treat bags that can be use and they are a perfect way to get your guests involved.
Presenting your treats in a fun and unique way will make your guests feel like a kid in a candy store. Ask your wedding coordinator at Saint Germain Catering for ideas on how to display desserts for your next Wedding or event. it will leave a lasting impression and have your guests talking.