How To Throw The Perfect Company Picnic
Many companies thank their employees by hosting a cookout for their employees and their families. Not only are company picnics great because they are an inexpensive way to say thank you, but they also allow employees to mix and mingle in a more relaxed setting. Company picnics can be tons of fun to attend, but a little difficult to plan. Here are some essential tips to make your job easier.
1. Know your priorities, budget, and write an effective to-do list. This involves determining whom to invite: employees, spouses and significant others, children and/or clients. All of your decisions– from location, menu, and entertainment –stem from this first one.
2. Select the date. Avoid days near the beginning or end of a company holiday period, as many people may be out of town. Choose a weekday so employees are not forced to give up their personal commitments to attend a work function.
3. Research locations, taking into consideration the travel time from employees’ homes or the office.
4. Food. If you are considering hosting a company picnic, either on-site at your facility, or at an off-site location, contact Saint Germain and we will help make your event a success. From our Fajita Salad bar to our Lunch Time BBQ, our June Specials make a perfect match for any outdoor event.
5. Decide on the entertainment, making sure you have activities that appeal to everyone who will be attending. Magicians, corn-hole, bingo, and raffles are always great hits.
6. Order any party favors well in advance. Special logo T-shirts or baseball caps are always popular, but also consider Frisbees, water bottles, tote bags and beach balls.
7. Keep a detailed notebook containing all contracts, menus, publicity material, favor choices, entertainment ideas and any other significant decisions and resources. This will give you an overview of planning–and it will provide an immense aid to the person who handles this job next year.